Share Your Expertise
Collaborate with us to offer engaging learning opportunities to our community
About our Program
What We Offer
The Continuing Education program at Seattle Central College offers non-credit classes, certification programs and professional development courses for lifelong learners.
Our students are interested in discovering new personal passions or further developing their career.
Courses are held during the days and evenings, throughout the week and on weekends.
Our classes range from one-day business skills workshops to ten-session art classes.
While classes aren’t graded, we do offer certificates of achievement and grant continuing education credits upon request.
What You Offer
You’ll teach your passion and profession to self-motivated adult learners.
In concert with the school’s mission, your class is innovative, engaging, and dynamic.
You should seek to build a sense of community in the classroom, and to respect the diversity of our unique neighborhood.
Instructors must have a professional demeanor and maintain a positive learning environment for all of their students.
How to Teach for Us
We’re always looking for innovative new classes to offer to the community.
If you’d like your class to be considered for one of our upcoming quarters, here’s how the process works:
- Complete the Course Proposal Form below
- Our programming team will review your proposal
- If they’d like to offer your class, they’ll contact you to request:
- A detailed syllabus
- Your resume
- A short bio
- A recent headshot photo, for use on our website and other marketing materials
- Once they’ve reviewed your syllabus and resume, they’ll contact you to schedule an interview
- Please come prepared to provide us with a 7 – 10 minute teaching demonstration during your interview
If you have any questions about teaching for the Continuing Education program, please contact us.
Please note: Due to the volume of proposals we receive, we cannot accept hard copy proposals, late proposals, or informal requests for teaching opportunities.