Yvonne Freitas McGookin is an accomplished organizational development and human resources professional with over 25 years’ experience in higher education, nonprofit and government sectors.
Her interests have focused on advancing individual and organizational performance through leadership development, strategic alignment and talent management. She brings a positive, creative and practical approach to her work.
For the past 15 years, she has expanded into the career development field, and has conducted career transition courses and workshops as well as career coaching. She has helped all types of people explore the next steps in their career path.
In addition to Seattle Central College, Yvonne is on the faculty of Northeastern University and is a former faculty member of Cambridge College and Bellevue College.
In her free time, Yvonne enjoys hiking, jazz music, theater, volunteering and traveling. She’s become reacquainted with her love of art by taking painting classes at Seattle Central.
- Building Blocks for Effective Team Development
- Delivering Presentations with Purpose and Impact
- Disciplining and Terminating Poor Performers
- Effective Interviewing Skills
- Employee Fundamentals Every Manager Needs to Know
- Evaluating Employee Performance
- Fearless Feedback: How to Give and Receive it
- How to Run an Effective Meeting
- HR Basics for the Non-HR Manager
- Work Smarter, Not Harder: Time Management for Personal & Professional Productivity