Our Medical Marijuana Consultant training program is approved by the Washington State Department of Health, and satisfies the education requirements for those who wish to become certified as a Medical Marijuana Consultant.
All medically-endorsed retail marijuana stores are required to have a certified Medical Marijuana Consultant on staff to provide services to medical patients.
During this course, we will focus on the following:
- State laws and rules relating to marijuana
- Qualifying conditions and their common symptoms
- Short- and long-term positive and negative effects of cannabinoids
- Products that may benefit qualifying patients
- Risks and warning signs of overuse, abuse and addiction
- Safe handling of marijuana products
- Ethics, customer privacy and rights
After successfully completing this course and receiving certification, you’ll be recognized by the State of Washington as a Medical Marijuana Consultant.
For more information on the Medical Marijuana Consultant Certification requirements, please visit the Washington State Department of Health.
- Collaboration: Contribute effectively to groups by evaluating different perspectives
- Communication: Exchange ideas and information through intentional listening, reading, speaking, writing and presenting
- Critical Thought: Analyze, reflect and synthesize information to identify issues, formulate hypotheses, develop strategies and solve problems
- Applied Learning: Select, understand, evaluate and use appropriate information resources, theoretical models, quantitative techniques and technology tools
Who Should Take this Class?
- Owners and/or employees of recreational marijuana establishments that offer medical marijuana products and services
- Anyone interested in opening or working for a recreational marijuana establishment that plans to offer medical marijuana products and services
I enjoyed and appreciated the very comprehensive coursework for the WA state certification for medical marijuana consultants. It has been informative, thought-provoking and based on science, researchers, educators and others.
- Class ID: 6162
- Instructor: Trey Reckling; Nicole Li (JD); Jake Felice (ND); Miles Jonard
- Spring 2017 Session: 4/3/17 - 6/5/17
- Summer 2017 Session: 6/26/17 - 8/11/17
- Total Number of Hours: 20
- Where: Online
- Fee: $399 | We offer a group rate for multiple registrations at once, and a reduced rate for employees of stores that have previously enrolled students in our program. Please contact us to receive the group or reduced rate.
- Additional Notes: This online course is open for enrollment throughout the quarter, but must be completed by the end of the quarter in which you enroll in order to receive credit. If you do not complete the course by the end date specified above, you will need to enroll in a new course and pay the tuition fee again. Our expert instructors will be available for regularly scheduled online Q&A sessions, during which you may ask any questions you may have pertinent to the material. Specific dates and times will be published in your course overview.