Develop Your Love for Craft Distilling
Our industry-renowned programs offer something from enthusiasts to professionals
Institute of Brewing & Distilling (UK)
This 40-hour certificate program consists of 24 classroom hours with a written assessment, followed by 16-hours of hands-on practical work at an operational craft distillery. It is comprised of two courses:
- Fundamentals of Distilling - This comprehensive course is designed for those new to distilling or non-technical folks that work with distillers, and it was developed by the world-renowned Institute of Brewing & Distilling. Seattle Central's Craft Distilling Institute is the only organization to offer a US-based version of this class.
- Practical Distilling Workshop - Join expert local craft distillers for a two-day hands-on practical distilling class exploring the basics of whiskey.
Professional Workshops & Seminars
Strengthen Your Skills
Led by local industry experts, we offer hands-on workshops and seminars to help you expand your technical, business, and industry skills.
Learn how to mix both traditional and imaginative craft cocktails using bourbon, gin, vodka, whiskey and more in one of our fun hands-on classes.
- A Regional Tour of Scotch Whisky
- A Wine Tour of Italy
- American Whiskey: A Colorful History
- Dazzling Summer Cocktails
- Distiller for a Day
- Knots and Brews
- Pairing Wine with Food: Italy
- Practical Distilling Workshop: Single Malt Whiskey
- Single Run or Single Barrel Distilling
- Wine 101
Industry Consultation Services
Receive Expert Guidance
Leveraging our extensive local distillery network, we can provide custom consultation & guidance on a variety of technical and business topics.