Not all barrels are created equal, and that's especially true when you're using them to mature craft spirits.
During this workshop, you'll learn about which barrel to choose for different spirits, and how the nuances of the wood will influence the end product.
In addition to exploring different kinds of barrels, you'll receive a primer on common barrel repairs, so you can maintain your barrels yourself.
There will also be time for a Q&A session and one-on-one guidance with our experts from Westland Distillery, Copperworks Distilling and reWine Barrels.
- Learn about the anatomy of a barrel
- Receive guidance on repairing leaks and beetle bore holes
- Discover the essential toolkit for barrel repair and find out where to get them
- Ask questions of industry experts
Who Should Take this Class?
- Craft distillers that would like to expand their product set
- Distillers that are interested in experimenting with different barrels as part of their recipe development
- Bar and/or Beverage Managers who want a deeper understanding of how spirits are produced
- Anyone interested in getting into the distilling industry
- Class ID: 6172
- Instructor: Hofmann, Matt; Parker, Jason; Dollinger, Todd; Thomas, Trent
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 4
- Where: Wood Technology Center | 2310 S. Lane Seattle, WA 98144
- Fee: $99.00