Learn the ins and outs of 'merchant bottling,' the process by which you can purchase barrels from other craft distillers and then bottle, package, distribute, and sell them under your own brand.
This is often a cost-effective way for small distillers to expand their product set without taking on the overhead of distilling a whole new spirit.
You will also gain insight into one of the most interesting regulatory processes related to distilling: Labeling. During this workshop, we'll cover:
- Pre-COLA evaluations
- TTB laws and guidance
- Mandatory requirements
- Customer service standards
- US appellations of origin
By the end of this workshop, you will experience and understand labeling requirements and be in a position to create a personalized label to showcase your brand.
- Understand the legal requirements surrounding labeling
- Discuss best practices
- Determine how best to label and showcase your craft wine and spirits
Who Should Take this Class?
- Craft distillers who want to expand their offerings by purchasing product from other distillers
- Those new to the craft distilling industry that want a better understanding of the labeling requirements