With Seattle Central College and guest distiller Todd Buckley, learn the ins and outs of “merchant bottling” – the process by which independent bottlers purchase barrels from single-malt distillers and then bottle, package, distribute and sell under their own label and labeling, helping you to determine whether or not it is a practice that is right for your distillery and unique product.
You will also gain insight into one of the most interesting regulatory processes related to distilling: Labeling. During this workshop, we’ll cover:
- Pre-COLA evaluations
- TTB laws and guidance
- Mandatory requirements
- Customer service standards
- US appellations of origin
By the end of this workshop, you will experience and understand labeling requirements and be in a position to create a personalized label to showcase your brand.
- Understand the legal requirements surrounding labeling
- Discuss best practices
- Determine how best to label and showcase your craft wine and spirits
Who Should Take this Class?
- Craft distillers who want to expand their offerings by purchasing product from other distillers
- Those new to the craft distilling industry that want a better understanding of the labeling requirements