With Seattle Central College and guest distiller Todd Buckley, learn the ins and outs of “merchant bottling” – the process by which independent bottlers purchase barrels from single-malt distillers and then bottle, package, distribute and sell under their own label and labeling, helping you to determine whether or not it is a practice that is right for your distillery and unique product.
You will also gain insight into one of the most interesting regulatory processes related to distilling: Labeling. During this workshop, we’ll cover:
- Pre-COLA evaluations
- TTB laws and guidance
- Mandatory requirements
- Customer service standards
- US appellations of origin
By the end of this workshop, you will experience and understand labeling requirements and be in a position to create a personalized label to showcase your brand.
- Understand the legal requirements surrounding labeling
- Discuss best practices
- Determine how best to label and showcase your craft wine and spirits
Who Should Take this Class?
- Craft distillers who want to expand their offerings by purchasing product from other distillers
- Those new to the craft distilling industry that want a better understanding of the labeling requirements
- Class ID: 6138
- Instructor: Todd Buckley
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 8
- Where: TBA
- Fee: $650