Join the experts of Copperworks Distilling Co. for a two-day hands-on practical distilling class exploring the basics of whiskey.
You'll participate in production from start to finish, smelling and tasting the distilled spirit at each stage of the process.
From mash through fermentation and wash production, you'll be integral to the final product.
We'll also discuss the post-distillation process such as barreling, proofing, and maturation, plus you'll have the opportunity to taste your newfound mastery of the nuances of whiskey.
- Learn about distilling equipment such as the still, mashing & fermentation vessels, blending tanks, and measuring devices
- Experience the fermentation process, from pre-fermentation through primary and secondary fermentation
- Gain hands-on experience with material handling from mash to proofing
- Engage in the multiple distilling runs required to produce a spirit
- Learn best practices around distillery production
Who Should Take this Class?
- Craft distillers that would like to expand their product set to include whiskey
- Bar and/or Beverage Managers who want a deeper understanding of how spirits are produced
- Participants in our Fundamentals of Distilling program that would like to add a hands-on, practical element to their education
- Anyone interested in getting into the distilling industry
- Whiskey aficionados who would love to learn more about their favorite spirit
- Class ID: 6146
- Instructor: Jason Parker
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 16
- Where: Off Campus: Copperworks | 1250 Alaskan Way Seattle, WA 98101
- Fee: $1099.00
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on the required reading materials for this class. This class is part of our 40-hour Fundamentals of Distilling Certificate Program. We offer a group rate for multiple registrations at once. If you have any specific questions about this class prior to registering, please contact us.