Explore and expand your potential as an image creator through design with purpose.
Take your personal vision and image creation to a more sophisticated and deeper communication level through a variety of design techniques and practical applications.
This class will emphasize comprehensive visual communication and multiple uses.
We’ll examine the following topics:
- Elements of photographic design, framing devices, foreground, background and perimeter mechanical control
- Radical proportions, positive/negative space and asymmetry
- Hierarchies, juxtaposition, symbolism and humor
- Image construction from the idea to the execution
- Color theories, B&W and duo-toning
- Digital file management and basic prep for reproduction
- Define and enrich a concept, using the results of a problem-solving process
- Communicate ideas through imaging and apply technical skills in a creative way
- Evaluate the potential attributes, uniqueness and purpose of photograph
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and motivation
- Exhibit attentive and reflective listening skills
- Elevation of your conviction and commitment to quality in all imagery created
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisites: Basic skills with Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat software.
- Budding photographers interested in improving their photo composition
- Experienced photographers seeking to deepen their skill set
The class was put together in a very thoughtful and deliberate manner based on the instructor’s passion and years of experience. The instructor is kind, patient, and cares deeply about the student’s needs in a fun and productive atmosphere. – Jack Vogel
- Class ID: 6670
- Instructor: Michael Ramey
- When: 8 Thursdays | 4/20/17 - 6/8/17 | 6:40 PM - 9:10 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 20
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 5104 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $213
- Additional Notes: Computer lab fee is included in tuition. Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required materials for this class.