This class offers a creative outlet for those who want to enhance their illustration skills, build their portfolio or just have fun in a relaxed, low pressure studio setting.
You’ll learn to render fashion drawings that show personality and style, while exploring techniques to accurately represent clothing on the body.
Course content covers fashion figure structure and introduces stylization techniques and media.
- Practice using fashion figure proportions and capture movement in various poses
- Accurately represent clothing on the body
- Draw faces and key anatomy
- Use line and value to express shape and form
- Experiment with various media
- Create final figures and compositions
Who Should Take this Class?
Recommended Experience: Previous drawing experience is recommended but not required.
- Anyone interested in representing clothing and the fashion figure
- Current apparel and fashion students interested in practicing sketching skills
- Professionals and alumni who want to dedicate time to fashion sketching and/or develop portfolio sketches