Expand your world! Brazil is a beautiful fusion of cultures, and this class will be your guide into the thick of it.
Discover the basic rhythms and soul of African music and movement and learn how theses rhythms and movements are the roots of Brazilian folkloric and urban dance styles.
Take a dance journey to explore the historical context of Afro-Brazilian culture and the legacy brought by African slaves to South America.
Learn combinations of different Brazilian dance movements that showcase the panorama of Bahia dance styles, especially focusing on the Brazilian street rhythms.
All of these elements will be combined using improvisation based on Brazilian movements and will evolve into choreography to share with the community.
Free your soul, enrich your knowledge and get an effective workout — all at the same time.
- Demonstrate Brazilian Dance movements, showing familiarity with the cultural background
- Identify Brazilian music and match movements to specific rhythms
- Learn basic Brazilian dance vocabulary
- Get acquainted with Brazilian history
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in learning more about Brazilian culture
- Those looking for a fun and effective, dance-based workout