¡Olé! Learn Flamenco dance! Join this class for the dance, culture, self-empowerment, body confidence, camaraderie and fun.
Flamenco dance is an extremely expressive art form that has its origins in the Andalusian region of Southern Spain. Experience how this powerful dance form can boost your self-confidence and help you feel good. Learn from an experienced dancer and teacher who will guide you through a journey of self-discovery and body awareness all while learning a beautiful art form.
During this introductory class, learn dancing technique, choreography, posture, hand and arm movements, sounds of the feet, and more. Explore Flamenco music and rhythm. For women and men, beginning or experienced dancers.
- Learn the basic hand and arm movements of Flamenco dance
- Develop correct postures for the dance
- Begin learning how to use your feet to make rhythms to add to combinations
- Learn the history of Flamenco and some Spanish vocabulary
- Practice body awareness and self-expression
- Get healthy exercise
- Have fun in a supportive learning environment
Who Should Take this Class?
- Men and women of all ages interested in exploring dance
- Dancers interested in exploring Flamenco or new dance techniques and choreography
- People interested in cultural experiences
- Anyone looking for a fun and effective, dance-based workout