NOTE: THIS CLASS HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR FALL. WE WILL OFFER IT AGAIN IN WINTER, SO PLEASE CHECK BACK MID-NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER TO REGISTER!
Learn how you can become an audio engineer!
This course introduces sound recording and sound production concepts, principles and techniques using Pro Tools, a digital audio workstation.
Pro Tools can be used for a wide range of sound recording and sound production.
In this class, you will learn everything you need to compose, record, edit, and mix an audio project, from initial setup to final mixdown.
Learn to build sessions in Pro Tools that include multi-track recordings of live audio, MIDI sequences and virtual instruments.
Hands-on exercises and projects introduce essential techniques for creating sessions, recording and importing audio and MIDI, editing media, navigating sessions, arranging media on tracks, and using basic processing and mixing techniques to finalize a production.
You will receive a download of media files that you create during Pro Tools sessions.
Student ID and computer lab fee are required for this special class.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Create an audio document or cloud-enabled project with appropriate parameter settings in Pro Tools
- Accomplish common audio production tasks
- Employ navigation and editing skills in a multi-track Pro Tools document
- Incorporate proper recording and mixing techniques for audio and MIDI files in the Pro Tools environment
- Analyze and interpret session file structures
- Recognize and navigate the user interface and tool set
Who Should Take this Class?
- People interested in learning how to record and produce music
- Anyone interested in becoming a music engineer or sound designer
- Musicians, singers and rappers
- Music and media producers
- Theater and stage hands