Do you want to hone your professional performance skills?
This is an ideal class for professional and student musicians that would like to rehearse with the goal of performing in a professional jazz concert orchestra.
It’s also a great opportunity for you to maintain your music reading skills, as well as expanding your big band jazz repertoire and improvisational skills.
- Learn to play Big Band music through rehearsal and live performances
- Gain knowledge of style, performance practices and techniques
- Experience improvisation and ensemble playing
- Discover and start internalizing stylistic language and interpretation of improvised music
- Listen to songs and identify & practice new and old vocabulary
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: Permission of the instructor
- Student musicians
- Professional musicians
- Musicians interested in expanding their group performance experience
- Musicians interested in learning more about improvisation
- Musicians interested in learning to play big band music
There are plenty of new, challenging charts to work on and the instructor is patient and thorough in rehearsing. I especially enjoy it when he plays guitar and directs.
Lonnie chooses excellent arrangements for the band and conducts rehearsals in a positive and productive manner and is always encouraging when offering suggestions for improvement and recognizes participants for good performance.