Explore a truly American art form and learn to sing from a Blues storytelling perspective.
Guided by a talented musician, you’ll learn about:
- Getting Started: breathing, singing right away, rhythm, forms of the Blues
- Shaping Your Song: choosing details, researching various artists, finding inspiration
- Finding the Heart of the Song
- Finding Your Voice: What makes your voice uniquely yours?
- Revision: How do you sing from the soul and make it real?
- Presentation: Singing your songs for an audience
The last class will be open for your friends and family to join, and you’ll have the opportunity to perform with Seattle-based Blues musicians.
- To overcome fears about singing in front of people
- To learn the form of the 12 bar, 8 bar and 16 bar Blues
- To learn and master rhythm by keeping a steady beat while singing
- To find your voice and learn to sing comfortably and confidently as yourself
- To discover your story in the song and how it relates to you
- To treat yourself with respect and have an open mind to learning and singing
- To learn to think, observe, and learn from your fellow classmates
- To let music flow from your soul
Who Should Take this Class?
- Beginning vocalists
- Intermediate vocalists
- Anyone interested in learning to sing using the Blues as your vocal tool
- Singers who would like to work on their ability to sing in front of an audience
I enjoyed learning about the blues in a small setting. It gave me the opportunity to sing and grow as an artist King is a phenomenal instructor! — Jackie Argueta