Learn to dance the authentic Argentine tango in a fun and easy way!
In this introductory class, we will focus on learning the basic dance fundamentals of Tango. We will also explore the music and rhythms.
Whether you are an absolute beginner, have never danced before and have two left feet, or if you have some dance experience but you're new to Tango, or you have taken Tango classes before and want to practice -- this class is for you!
Come enjoy the music, movements and meeting people.
The class emphasizes balance, musicalisty and partner dancing. We will focus on carriage, coordination, balance and rhythm.
The teaching will also focus on the history of the Argentine Tango and how it has developed over the last 100 years.
Singles and couples are welcome! No partner necessary.
The class will include a field trip to a local dance club in Seattle. Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes with smooth soles.
- Learn the basic dance movements of Argentinian Tango
- Get out on the dance floor feeling confident
- Learn balance, musicality and partner dancing fundamentals
- Learn the history of the Argentine Tango and how the dance has developed over the past 100 years
- Get healthy exercise
- Experience Tango dance in a nightclub
- Have fun in a supportive learning environment
Who Should Take this Class?
- Men and women of all ages interested in exploring dance
- Dancers interested in exploring Argentine Tango
- People interested in cultural experiences
- Anyone looking for fun, healthy exercise and meeting people