Discover the wonder and excitement of drawing and painting animals, and learn to capture their beauty, energy and diversity!
During this dynamic class, we’ll explore the movement, structure and composition of animals using a variety of mediums, including viewing animal videos and studying animal sculptures.
- How to depict animals doing the activities they do in their everyday lives
- How to capture animals in action: running, jumping, flying, swimming, etc.
- How to render light, shadow, highlights and details in order to depict 3-dimensions
- How to draw and paint an animal from the ground up, through a series of step-by step demos, in which you’ll learn all the steps of producing lively animal drawings and paintings
Additionally, we will also cover color harmony, composition and brush techniques.
Learn how to depict the energy and vitality of animals, and enjoy the experience of making beautiful works of Animal Art!
- Learn how to create gesture drawings while watching animal videos
- Get step-by-step instructions on drawing an animal from the ground up
- Study sculptures to inform your ability to create lifelike works of art
- Learn about color theory, lighting, shading, highlights and more
- Get tips on how to create dynamic portraits of animals
Who Should Take this Class?
- Budding artist that would like to capture the natural world
- Experienced artists that would like to improve their ability to capture a subject in motion
- Anyone interested in exploring a new creative discipline
- Class ID: 6414
- Instructor: Peter Barth
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 12
- Where: Fine Arts Building - Room 404 | 801 E. Pine St., Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $169
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required materials for this class.