In this fun and interactive class, you'll receive easy-to-follow, systematic instruction on how to create vibrant and realistic art using colored pencils.
An art-making session with colored pencils is highly portable and easy to setup and cleanup.
In this class you'll learn everything about working with color pencils during the first seven classes; the last two classes will be a chance to learn a different technique called pointillism.
Pointillism is a technique of painting dots and short lines to form an image.
To create shadows and light, the dots are placed in different positions.
This technique can blend multiple colors or just one color.
Pointillism can be done with various media including ink pens, markers, gel, paint, etc.
Both techniques can be mixed and matched and will take the student to a new level of design.
Join us and discover how rewarding colored pencil art and pointillism can be!
- Learn to use colors layer by layer doing fruits, flowers, landscapes, seascapes, animals, transparency, and portraits
- Learn how to match colors in order to brighten or darken their draws
- Learn how to use the pencil to create the pattern plot
- Gain a basic understanding of colored pencil art, including intensity of stroke, using colors and strokes in your design, and applying colors from light to dark
Who Should Take this Class?
- Budding artists
- Working artists that would like to practice their drawing skills
- Designers who would like to improve their ability to sketch
- No previous art experience required
- Class ID: 6263
- Instructor: Fresia Valdivia
- When: 10 Saturdays; 4/6-6/8; 10:30 AM-12:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 20
- Where: Fine Arts Building, Room 404; 801 E. Pine St., Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $185
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required or suggested materials for this class.