Learn to draw children's books and other children's illustrations, from idea all the way to the marketable product.
Engage and appeal to children using color, visual storytelling, learning challenges, fun, and play.
- Visual languages and storytelling
- Colors and layout
- Finding inspiration
- Simplicity and consistency
- Life drawing
- Basic building blocks
- Tools and techniques
- Creating a portfolio
- Online presence
- Platforms and channels
- Contacting publishers and agents
Upon successful completion of this class, you will:
- Overcome fears about making art, making your work public, and promoting your work
- Understand what can be fine-tuned in your art to make it more accessible to children
- Discover new channels and optimal presentation to showcase your work
- Learn ways to refine your drawing skills and increase your creative output
- Learn the tools of the trade, digital and traditional
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who wants to create illustrations for children
- Those interested in thinking creatively about the possibilities open to them professionally
- Open to artists at all levels
- Class ID: 6421
- Instructor: Tatiana Gill
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 8
- Where: Fine Arts Building - Room 404 | 801 E. Pine St., Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $125
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required or suggested materials for this class.