Explore your creativity in this inspiring class designed to make use of all of your senses!
During this dynamic, hands-on class, you’ll crawl under the surface of different artistic disciplines, including dance, writing, movement, painting, and music, to discover your unique form of creative self-expression.
We’ll engage with different visuals and specifically curated music selected to inspire your creative process in a highly encouraging and supportive environment.
You’ll work on your own and within groups to discover new methods of expression, and you’ll have the opportunity to share your work with others during the final class.
- Learn the difference between intuitive intelligence and analytical thinking
- Develop the capacity for hearing and listening to your intuitive mind
- Begin to release your attachment to judging and planning when it comes to your self-expression
- Become more open to presence, spaciousness, and self-compassion
- Learn the process of achieving a deeper connection with the spark of spirit and your own innate wisdom
- Compile a portfolio of work — painting, stories, poems, performance art — as a product for your own self-reflection and growth
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who would like to learn about the intuitive artistic process
- Those interested in combining painting and creative projects with selected music and visuals
- Students seeking a new approach to inspire and expand upon their innate creativity
No prerequisites, although a familiarity with Julia Cameron’s The Artist’s Way would be helpful.
- Class ID: 6401
- Instructor: Linda Upshaw
- When: 6 Wednesdays | 7/5/2017 - 8/9/2017 | 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 12
- Where: Fine Arts Building - Room 405 | 801 E. Pine St., Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $139
- Additional Notes: Please wear comfortable clothing for painting, movement, and a pair of socks to class. Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required materials for this class.