This inspiring class is designed for the beginner to intermediate art student.
Under the guidance of a professional teacher and artist, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Explore color mixing
- Learn about the color wheel and basic color theory
- Discover materials (acrylic, oil and watercolor paints and brushes) and learn how to use them
- Learn about perspective, light and shadow, volume and texture, landscapes, and still lives
- Explore originality in art
- Receive an introduction to photo transfers, encaustic and palette knife painting
You'll paint from photographs, memory or imagination, and have the chance to exhibit your work in a gallery in Downtown Seattle.
- Learn basic color theory
- Gain an understanding of the different painting mediums and tools
- Discover basic painting theory and techniques
- Create a painting under the direction of a professional artist
- Exhibit your work in a gallery
Who Should Take this Class?
- Beginning art students
- Intermediate art students who would like continued guidance from a professional artist
Georgetta is an amazing instructor! She's very resourceful, supportive and enthusiastic. All of this provides a beginning student with a great sense of comfort.
Georgetta's broad knowledge and ability to teach different skill levels really helped me expand my painting skills.
[I liked the] opportunity to personalize projects, learn from the work of others, and ask questions when needed and receive expert guidance.
The teacher is very encouraging and supportive.
Instructor had great assignments, provided feedback and suggestions to everyone equally, and is fun.
[I appreciated] the willingness of the teacher to teach and encourage students to make new challenges. -- Diana Sanchez Diaz
- Class ID: 6430
- Instructor: Georgetta Gancarz
- When: 9 Saturdays | 10/6/18-12/1/18 | 10:30 AM-12:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 20
- Where: Fine Arts Building - Room 403 | 801 E. Pine St., Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $185
- Additional Notes: 12/1/18 museum tour. Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required or suggested materials for this class.