Pastels are an exciting, vibrant medium that yield amazing, colorful and spontaneous results!
In this class, you’ll explore color harmony, and how use it to produce dynamic, exciting pastel paintings. You’ll gain experience in capturing the effect of light, shadow, highlights and details on an object in order to create a lifelike, three dimensional effect.
You’ll also learn how to depict the changes in lighting and color that occur at different times of the day, and all about the impressionistic and realistic styles of pastel painting.
During this fun, informative class, you’ll have the opportunity to create a pastel painting step-by-step, giving you hands-on experience in a variety of pastel subjects, including landscapes, still lives and more.
- Explore color theory
- Learn how to use pastels to add shadow and create lifelike works of art
- Step-by-step guidance in creating a pastel painting
- Gain hands-on experience under the guidance of an expert
Who Should Take this Class?
- Budding artists
- Experienced artists that want to expand their understanding of color theory
- Experienced artists that want to learn about how to incorporate pastels into their work
Peter, the instructor, wasted no time in getting us to paint. He shared lots of information on color theory. His one-on-one recommendations were very useful.
My class was very small which was great for one-on-one learning and instruction. Peter was very friendly, always smiling, and more than willing to share his knowledge and materials/supplies.
- Class ID: 6412
- Instructor: Peter Barth
- When: 8 Wednesdays | 4/19/17 - 6/7/17 | 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 16
- Where: Fine Arts Bldg - Room 404 | 801 E. Pine St., Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $175
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required materials for this class.