Explore the limitless possibilities of pointillism!
Pointillism is a technique of painting dots and short lines to form an image.
To create shadows and light, the dots are placed in different positions.
This technique can blend multiple colors or just one color.
Pointillism can be done with various media including ink pens, markers, gel, paint, etc.
During the workshop, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to draw what you see using dots and short lines
- Receive guidelines on shading and highlighting
- Explore and develop your own sense of style and expression
- Blend the colors and spots into a fuller range of tones
In this class, you can explore the following topics:
- The ability of transforming an image using only dots and short lines
- Color evaluation
- Strokes - to fill, to darken, to mold
- Introduction to mixing techniques
Bring a drawing pad or white paper, ink pens, and markers.
To start, designs will be handed out in class and the process will be explained fully.
The work will progress from designs that start from using only one color and are easier to execute, to designs that use more colors and combine more difficult elements.
The class will start with dots and after gaining some practice we'll continue with stripes, developing a interesting designs that are detailed and diverse.
You can also experiment with your media and try using different inks, paints, pencils and papers.
The possibilities are limitless with pointillism!
- Become familiar with the art and technique of pointilism
- Learn to use dots and other marks to draw what you see and create images
- Learn to use various techniques such as blending and using color to create different effects
- Experience using various media to create unique works of art
Who Should Take this Class?
- Beginning artists
- People interested in playing with mixed techniques.
- Students who have taken painting, drawing or other art classes are encouraged to participate to combine techniques to create unique art.