Expand your creative expression by learning how to paint with watercolors.
During this inspiring, hands-on workshop, you'll:
- Receive an introduction to traditional watercolor techniques
- Learn how to analyze color
- Explore how to combine watercolor with drawing media and materials such as ink and graphite
You'll be encouraged to work with subject matters ranging from still life to examples by master artists to abstraction and imagination. The class will expand to meet individual interests and expression.
- Learn basic watercolor theory
- Discover how to pair watercolors with other mediums
- Practice painting under the direction of a skilled artist
Who Should Take this Class?
- Beginning artists
- More experienced artists who seek to expand their creative expression
Yulia was a wonderful instructor! Very engaging and interesting, as well as talented. I would absolutely take a class from her again.
Great instructor, great presentation. Very well organized and focused on techniques in a structured way. - Karen Hogue
I felt like Yulia treated us like proper art students. She went over several techniques, showed us examples from known artists, and then shifted from student to student so we all had individual attention. she offered encouragement, helpful suggestions, and worked with us to master the technique. I have only had a handful of art classes previously, mostly from my youth, and I felt very supported and inspired.
The format was perfect: information, demonstration, practice. Yulia is a great teacher. Her demeanor lessens the intimidation factor of an art class -- 'it's only paint!' - Carole Kitchell
Yulia's generous and pointed suggestions of the practice work. In a Winter course, the scanned examples of the week's theme by past masters was a superb way to extend the lesson into what has been done skillfully before. Flowers, fruit and landscapes are hard to bring into a Winter evening classroom. Very skillful technique.
Yulia exposes her students to a wide range of artists and resources. I think she's a very thoughtful and generous teacher, trying to help every student. - Jeannie Neely
In each class, the instructor herself demonstrated a watercolor technique and showed pictures of how well-known artists used them in their art. When the students started practicing the technique, the instructor went around and helped everyone individually. Both parts of the class were very useful to me.
[I appreciated the] dedicated painting time with instructor monitoring and input, [as well as] the lectures and demonstrations at the beginning of each class. -- Megan Wong Regalado
Yulia did a great job breaking the course down by color and technique. She gave specific feedback on our painting that was appropriately geared towards the experience of each student. -- Linda Mummy
- Class ID: 6423
- Instructor: Yulia Chubotin
- When: 7 Saturdays; 1/12/19-2/23/19; 2:00 PM-4:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 17.5
- Where: Fine Arts Building, Room 402; 801 E. Pine St., Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $179
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required or suggested materials for this class.