Have you ever wanted to try your hand at playwriting?
In this eight week course, you will learn the fundamentals of crafting a play from developing compelling characters, creating intriguing conflicts, and crafting strong dialogue as well as resources to market and submit your scripts.
Conducted in a workshop format, students get to grow as artists, build community, and learn the ropes to writing plays in a friendly and supportive environment.
This class is held at North Seattle College.
- Learn playwriting fundamentals from developing compelling characters, creating intriguing conflicts and crafting strong dialogue
- Gain resources to market and submit your scripts.
- Get started writing plays or take your writing to the next level
- Share your work with other writers and learn from each other in a supportive environment
Who Should Take this Class?
- Beginning writers looking for guidance on the fundamental elements of playwriting
- Writers looking for guidance, structure and a supportive environment
- People with a vision for a play that need support to turn it into a script
"The one-act playwriting class positively exceeded my expectations. In the course of the quarter I completed two plays, a shorter one of 10 minutes and a longer one-act of approximately 25 minutes. Both plays are currently in submission to competitions nation-wide. To have gotten that far in the space of 8 weeks is (for me) remarkable." – Stephen Thompson
“Dan is a dynamic teacher; he "knows his onions", condensing a torrent of insights into eight short meetings. He gets you writing, and when he hears your work read, he laughs out loud - in all of the appropriate places.” – Dan Bernhard
“Dan Tarker's ‘Playwriting and the Art of the Short Play’ was a great way to explore the short form and work on the skills needed for longer works. Highly recommended.”- Scott Stolnack
- Class ID: 6224
- Instructor: Dan Tarker
- When: 8 Tuesdays | 10/16/2018 - 12/4/2018 | 6:30-8:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 16
- Where: Off Campus: North Seattle College | 9600 College Way N Seattle, WA 980103 | HS Bldg Room 1637A
- Fee: $149