Ready to dive into writing your own poetry?
In this ongoing upbeat poetry workshop, you'll receive feedback on your poems and learn to provide constructive criticism as part of a community of writers.
We'll also examine the work of accomplished poets in order to develop a deeper appreciation of the elements of poetry and build skills by putting those elements into practice in poems and in-class exercises.
- Learn the mechanics of effective poetry as demonstrated through the writing of popular poets
- Receive guidance from an expert instructor on how to translate your ideas into poems
- Share your work with classmates and practice giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Networking with other poets and writers in your community
Who Should Take this Class?
- Beginning poets seeking guidance in the basic mechanics, forms, and structures of popular poetry styles
- Experienced poets interested in honing their craft and sharing with others