Take your life experiences — both dramatic and every day — and learn how to transform them into a powerful, short memoir.
If you’ve always wanted to write about your life, but don’t have the time right now to tackle a large book project, learning to write short vignettes about your history can be your first step.
During this class, you’ll:
- Get tips on telling your life story in bite-sized chunks
- Receive step-by-step guidance on creating an engaging story
- Learn how to select and reflect upon memoir-worthy experiences
- Gain insight into the publishing process
By the end of this class, you’ll have a short memoir piece that will be ready for publication.
- Learn how to choose stories from your life that will engage readers
- Receive tips on creating short vignettes
- Learn about the publishing process
- Create a short memoir piece that is ready for publication
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who wants to write about their life, whether for public or private purposes
- Those who are interested in writing a longer memoir of their lives but aren’t sure where to start
- Writers seeking a new approach to their craft by gaining inspiration from their own lives