Take your life experiences — both dramatic and every day — and learn how to transform them into a powerful, short memoir.
If you’ve always wanted to write about your life, but don’t have the time right now to tackle a large book project, learning to write short vignettes about your history can be your first step.
During this class, you’ll:
- Get tips on telling your life story in bite-sized chunks
- Receive step-by-step guidance on creating an engaging story
- Learn how to select and reflect upon memoir-worthy experiences
- Gain insight into the publishing process
By the end of this class, you’ll have a short memoir piece that will be ready for publication.
- Learn how to choose stories from your life that will engage readers
- Receive tips on creating short vignettes
- Learn about the publishing process
- Create a short memoir piece that is ready for publication
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who wants to write about their life, whether for public or private purposes
- Those who are interested in writing a longer memoir of their lives but aren’t sure where to start
- Writers seeking a new approach to their craft by gaining inspiration from their own lives
- Class ID: 5861
- Instructor: Christine Dubois
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 4
- Where: Off Campus: North Seattle College - CC Building - Room 3345 | 9600 College Way N, Seattle WA 98103
- Fee: $65