Does the history of American whiskey inspire images of outlaws and bootleggers? If so, you're not far off!
Christopher Gronbeck, owner of The Barrel Thief Wine & Whiskey Bar, and Sommelier David LeClaire will guide you through the birth and evolution of American whiskey.
Learn about its European settler origins to modern craft distillers, all while tasting a variety of delicious styles.
- Learn about the origins of American whiskey
- Enjoy tales of its storied history from outlaws to prohibition, bootleggers to craft distillers
- Taste a variety of whiskeys to see how they compare
- Get tips on how to appreciate different styles
- Have fun!
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in expanding their knowledge and appreciation of American whiskey
All students must be 21 years or older, with a valid picture ID.
- Class ID: 6126
- Instructor: Christopher Gronbeck; David LeClaire
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 2
- Where: Off Campus: The Barrel Thief | 3417 Evanston Ave N #102, Seattle WA 98103
- Fee: $39
- Additional Notes: Students must be 21 or older; picture ID required. Please eat before coming to class. A $10 materials fee is due to the instructor in class.