Do you have power tools and want to learn to use them safely and effectively?
Learn the basics of joinery, jigs, materials, methods and project design in a woodshop. After selecting your materials, apply everything you've learned to safely use hand and power tools in the construction and assemblage of a “toolbox.”
- Learn how to effectively use home power tools
- Work on a project guided by an expert woodworker
- Gain skills and confidence to take on small carpentry projects on your own
Who Should Take this Class?
- Home improvement enthusiasts who would like to improve their carpentry skills
- Individuals interested in learning more about how to use specific power tools
- Please note: This class is for beginners with very minimal or no experience with woodworking and/or carpentry
I enjoyed using power-tools, the hands-on project work, and completing a toolbox to take home.
- Class ID: 6582
- Instructor: Peter Marx
- Winter 2018 Session: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday | 2/20/18 - 2/22/18 | 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Spring 2018 Session 1: 3 Thursdays | 4/12/18 - 4/26/18 | 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Spring 2018 Session 2: Tuesdays, Wednesday & Thursday | 5/1/18 - 5/3/18 | 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 9.5
- Where: Off Campus: UW School of Art - Woodworking Shop - Room 117 | 1915 Chelan Lane, Seattle WA 98105
- Fee: $199
- Additional Notes: Please note that the first day of each class session will be from 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM. A materials fee is included with tuition and covers all tools, materials, and lumber for your project. No open-toed shoes, loose clothing or jewelry, and long hair must be tied back. You must bring and use your own hearing, vision, and respiratory safety equipment.