Waste less and eat better by canning and preserving food.
This class is part theory and part practice so you'll know how to can safely and deliciously.
Start with an introduction to canning equipment and food safety, then step into the kitchen to help make and can a batch of jam from start to finish.
You'll leave with your own jar of jam, recipes and lots of inspiration.
This is a great way to make use of Farmers Markets!
- Learn theory and best practice for canning at home
- Gain hands-on experience and an understanding of canning equipment and food safety
- Can a jar of jam from start to finish
- Have fun!
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in learning how to can safely at home
- Class ID: 5895
- Instructor: Debra Basquez
- When: 1 Saturday | 8/11/18 | 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 2
- Where: Off Campus: South Seattle College - Room TBA | 6000 16th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98106
- Fee: $39
- Additional Notes: An additional $5 materials fee is due to the instructor on the first day of class.