Wall Street is the world's most sophisticated misinformation machine.
This class is your opportunity to understand how the financial industry works, so you can see through the fog and learn how to invest effectively.
During this informative workshop, you'll learn:
- Timeless investment concepts such as diversification, rebalancing and costs
- How to assess your own risk tolerance in order to create your optimal portfolios using low-cost, diversified investment strategies
- Why market timing, performance chasing and stock picking don't work
- How diversification protects your investment portfolio by improving expected returns and reducing risk simultaneously
- The mathematics and history behind why retirees are usually better off with portfolios of global stocks and bonds
- Innovations in behavioral economics that show why people make decisions that do not seem rational
- How do-it-yourself investing can be much simpler than people realize
- How to make basic back-of-the-envelope calculations about whether you are saving enough and how much risk you can afford to take
The instructor is a proud member of the Bogleheads community.
- Understand how Wall Street, the financial media and the financial services industry operate
- Understand how diversification and rebalancing work
- Learn to spot the major mistakes that people make in investing
- Learn the behaviors and emotions that often drive financial decision making
- Be able to construct a simple portfolio that has a good probability of lasting through retirement
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who wants to learn about the financial industry
- Those who want to invest without having to rely on professionals who often have a conflict of interest
The instructor was very entertaining, knowledgeable, and accessible. He also had a realistic goal for the students. -- Patrick
- Class ID: 6548
- Instructor: Lauren Vignec
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 2.5
- Where: Broadway Edison Building - Room 4175 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $65