Are you planning a home remodeling project, or dreaming about a new kitchen, but you're not sure where to start?
Receive guidance from an expert and learn how to start and manage your remodeling project.
During these workshops, we'll discuss:
- How to establish a budget
- How to create specifications for your remodel
- Bid procurement
- Contractor selection
- Basic house construction and remodeling do's and don'ts
- How to choose the right cabinets for the kitchen and bathroom
- Style and design decisions
- Installation considerations
In addition to focusing on kitchens and bathrooms, we'll also cover the basics of remodeling bedrooms, basements, and more.
- Learn how to create specifications
- Get tips on identifying project timelines and budgets
- Discover the basics of construction and remodeling best practices
- Be prepared to effectively communicate about bids, goals, and more with professional contractors
- Learn how to select the right fixtures for the space
- Determine which jobs you can tackle yourself, and which are best suited for a professional
Who Should Take this Class?
- Home owners who are considering a home remodel project
- Anyone who would like a better understanding of how homes are built
- Class ID: 6585
- Instructor: Peter Marx
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 4
- Where: Broadway Edison Building - Room 1139B | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $85
- Additional Notes: A $10 materials fee is included with the tuition.