Explore the world of Italian wines and food with a tasting tour led by one of the partners in West Seattle's fine wine shop, West Seattle Cellars.
Italy is home to over 3,000 different grapes, grown in a variety of different climates and soils, and this class offers you a chance to learn how terroir (the natural environment) influences the food and wines of different regions.
You'll have the opportunity to taste a variety of wines from Italy's 20 provinces, and to experience for yourself how well each wine pairs with some of the most common and popular Italian meats, cheeses, vegetable dishes, and desserts.
- Taste a variety of popular Italian wines and see how they compare
- Explore lesser-known Italian wine varietals
- Experience pairing wines with popular Italian foods
- Learn about how the natural environment influences a region's wine and cuisine
- Have fun!
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in expanding their knowledge of Italian wine and cuisine
All students must be 21 years or older, with a valid picture ID.
- Class ID: 5860
- Instructor: Tom DiStefano
- Winter 2018 Session: 1 Friday | 2/23/18 | 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Spring 2018 Session: 1 Saturday | 4/14/18 | 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 2.5
- Where: Off Campus: South Seattle College - Northwest Wine Academy Room 109 | 6000 16th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98106
- Fee: $39
- Additional Notes: Students must be 21+; picture ID required. A $15 materials fee is due to the instructor in class.