If your gardening thumb is not the most perfect shade of green — or not green at all — then this is the class for you!
What do plants really need? During this organic and all-natural workshop, you’ll learn about:
- Composting, from start to finish
- Growing from seeds
- How to order from specialty gardening catalogs
- The basics of how plants grow through easy-to-understand botany
- How to care for herb and perennial plants
Get techniques and resources for new gardens, as well as tips on the maintenance and improvement of existing gardens.
You’ll leave with information on useful books, tools, techniques, handouts and more.
At the end of this class, you’ll be gardening with enthusiasm!
- Understand the basics of a successful garden
- Learn about the different types of gardening tools and how to use them
- Explore gardening from a botanical perspective — seeds, bulbs, rhizomes and more
- Receive guidance on how to successfully plant existing plants, as well as grow them from seed
- Learn about organic pest control
- Understand basic plant maintence such as pruning, transplanting, deadheading and more
Who Should Take this Class?
- Beginning gardeners who want to know more about planting and caring for a home garden
- Current gardeners who need expert guidance on improving and maintaining their existing gardens
- Class ID: 6579
- Instructor: Paul Beyerl
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 7.5
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 4166 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $75