This course is patterned after the Wood Technology Center’s Introduction to Professional Woodworking day class. Topics include:
- Woodshop safety and personal protective equipment
- Wood and wood products
- Selection and milling of lumber
- Hand tools and sharpening
- Portable and stationary power tools
- Basic joinery
- Adhesives and fasteners
- Power tool maintenance
- Learn about the basics of woodworking
- Explore the different tools used and learn how to use them safely
- Create a class project and work on smaller personal projects under expert guidance
Who Should Take this Class?
- Students who would like to learn the basics of woodworking
- Anyone interested in gaining experience with woodworking tools
- Class ID: 6705
- Instructor: Staff, Seattle Central
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 30
- Where: Wood Technology Center - CORE Shop | 2310 S. Lane Seattle, WA 98144
- Fee: $415
- Additional Notes: All woodworking tools and materials will be provided. Price includes materials. You must bring safety glasses, hearing protection, a notebook and pencils.