Enhance your communication skills by learning American Sign Language (ASL).
During this introductory course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn:
- The manual alphabet for fingerspelling words and names
- Basic signs for simple communication
- Appropriate cultural norms
- Experimental signs from class interactions
We’ll also discuss deaf culture in the United States.
- Gain an understanding of US deaf culture
- Learn how to fingerspell
- Learn basic and experimental signs
- Enhance your overall communication skills
Who Should Take this Class?
- Those interested in learning a second language
- Anyone seeking to expand their communication skills
- Class ID: 6627
- Instructor: Staff, Seattle Central
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 15
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 4168 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $159
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required materials for this class.