Enhance your communication skills by learning American Sign Language (ASL).
During this introductory course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn:
- The manual alphabet for fingerspelling words and names
- Basic signs for simple communication
- Appropriate cultural norms
- Experimental signs from class interactions
We’ll also discuss deaf culture in the United States.
- Gain an understanding of US deaf culture
- Learn how to fingerspell
- Learn basic and experimental signs
- Enhance your overall communication skills
Who Should Take this Class?
- Those interested in learning a second language
- Anyone seeking to expand their communication skills
- Class ID: 6627
- Instructor: Staff, Seattle Central
- When: 10 Tuesdays | 4/11/17 - 6/13/17 | 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 15
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 4168 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $159
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required materials for this class.