Continue building upon the skills that you learned in our Level 1 course.
During this intermediate class, you'll have the opportunity to expand your American Sign Language vocabulary and cultural skills in order to communicate more effectively.
Increase your visual awareness and comprehension skills through instruction and practice with fellow students.
Improve your understanding of basic grammatical principles and put them to work in class.
Learn more about the history of the deaf community and its language.
Upon successful completion, learners should be able to understand, identify, and express:
• common vocabulary on several themes
• incorporating numbers with signs expressing time, age, money and pronouns
• enhanced use of non-manual signals and directional verbs
• identify locations, give directions and discuss transportation
• basic use of classifiers, incorporating the technique into basic storytelling
• more cultural information such as Deaf language, humor, philosophy and art