Are you an au pair (the French name for nanny or childcare worker who often come from other countries) learning the English language?
In this continuation of Level 1, expand your language study and practice in a fun and supportive environment.
Become more fluent and confident as you improve your speaking, listening, vocabulary, and grammar skills specifically focused on the needs of an au pair or nanny working in the United States.
Enjoy group conversations, informal presentations and field trips while improving your comprehension and pronunciation.
Learn some refined language skills such as when to use formal words and phrases, how verb tenses change meaning and how to effectively ask for clarification.
Continue improving your language skills while meeting other au pairs or childcare workers living and working in the community in this fun, interactive class.
- Feel more confident in using and understanding U.S. English
- Practice conversation skills for both work and social situations in the U.S.
- Improve listening and comprehension skills to enhance both work and leisure time
- Learn grammar structures that improve communication with others in speaking and writing
- Use English to share ideas and collaborate with other au pairs in the Seattle area
- Gain skills in using available technology and library resources to continue improving English after the course has concluded
Who Should Take this Class?
- Au Pairs interested in improving their U.S. English language skills
- Au Pairs who have completed Level 1
- Class ID: 6638
- Instructor: Barbara Jarrett
- When: 10 Thursdays; 1/10/19-3/21/19; 6:30 PM-8:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 20
- Where: Broadway Edison Building | Room 4149 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $219
- Additional Notes: No class 2/7/2019. Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required or suggested materials for this class.