English for Au Pairs is designed specifically for Au Pairs who want to improve their U.S. English skills.
During this interactive course, you'll work with an experienced ESL instructor to improve your speaking, listening, vocabulary, and grammar skills, centered specifically on your needs as an Au Pair.
Through group conversations, student-centered grammar practice, informal presentations, field trips, and vocabulary and listening activities, you'll gain more fluency and confidence in speaking U.S. English, including:
- Recognizing and using both formal and informal English as appropriate
- Understanding how verb tenses change meaning
- Using specific pronunciation strategies to enhance clarity and fluency
- Knowing how to ask for clarification in an effective way
- Understanding how to find useful and relevant resources on the internet
- Recognizing basic word forms and how they change the meaning
You'll also have fun with and meet other Au Pairs living and working in the Seattle area.
- Feel more confident in using and understanding U.S. English
- Practice conversation skills for both work and social situations in the U.S.
- Improve listening and comprehension skills to enhance both work and leisure time
- Learn grammar structures that improve communication with others in speaking and writing
- Use English to share ideas and collaborate with other au pairs in the Seattle area
- Gain skills in using available technology and library resources to continue improving English after the course has concluded
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: Intermediate English or above -- you can participate in group conversations about everyday topics.
- Au Pairs interested in improving their U.S. English language skills
- Class ID: 6637
- Instructor: Rebecca Boon
- When: 6 Wednesdays | 1/31/18 - 3/17/18 | 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 9
- Where: Broadway Edison Building - Room 4143 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $129
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required or suggested materials for this class.