Improve your pronunciation while studying some of the great French poets and songwriters from the late 19th century to today.
Starting with Baudelaire and Rimbaud and continuing through Apollinaire, Reverdy, Valéry, Bonnefoy and others, we will learn about traditional French meter and how various poetic movements challenged tradition and developed new styles.
There will be a heavy emphasis on reading aloud, and at the end of the class you will have the option to memorize a poem or present a poem to the class.
- Expand your knowledge of meter and phrasing
- Learn the poetics of the language
- Improve your pronunciation and vocabulary
Who Should Take this Class?
- Students who have an intermediate level of French
- Students interested in expanding their knowledge of poetry
- Class ID: 6612
- Instructor: Claire Wagenseil
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 18
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 3201 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $175
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required materials for this class.