Practice simple conversation and learn basic grammar in a low-pressure atmosphere.
This class is conducted entirely in Italian, but it's geared to those with little background.
During this class, you'll learn:
- Basic listening and speaking skills
- 300-500 vocabulary items
- Correct pronunciation of Italian vowels, consonants, diphthongs and other special attention pronunciation issues
- Basic grammar related to verbs, nouns and adjectives, definite and indefinite articles, and several idiomatic phrases such as telling time, meeting new people, and asking basic personal questions
- To count to 10,000
- The present tense of major verbs
- Several of the most important irregular verbs
- Learn the basics of Italian
- Establish your vocabulary
- Gain insight into Italian grammar
- Practice conversing with others and gain experience in speaking Italian
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who has an interest in learning the beginning elements of Italian
- Anyone with an enthusiasm for learning a new language
The instructor did a great job teaching the course material in Italian (submersion) - he made the coursework fun and his enthusiasm for the language and Italy was infectious.
I enjoyed everything. Patric is a great instructor who makes things easier and very interesting.
The instructor, Patric Earle, demonstrates a clear love of Italy and the Italian language. He works well with students who have different language background skills. Some, like me, speak only English. We have a native Spanish speaker and a native Polish speaker in our class as well as several who have some experience in other languages. He brought us all together to learn the Italian language. We will join Professor Earle in Level 2.
The instructor is professional, experienced and informative. He is also kind, and has a delightful sense of humor. The pace of the course was perfect -- Barbara Schafer
The instructor delivering class in Italian only and his sense of humor. Also willing to answer any question whether on topic or not.
- Class ID: 6624
- Instructor: Patric Earle
- When: 11 Tuesdays | 1/2/18 - 3/13/18 | 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 22
- Where: Broadway Edison Building - Room 4183 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $209
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required or suggested materials for this class.