Can you speak French at an intermediate or advanced level, and have a passion for films?
This class will give you the opportunity to explore French and Francophone cultures through the movies that they produce.
During this lively, discussion-based class, we'll:
- Work on excerpts of French and Francophone movies
- Discuss themes covered by the films
- Explore the way in which the director deals with different themes
- Examine different cultural dimensions as represented in films
Upon the completion of this course, you will:
- Enrich your knowledge of French movies
- Improve your French vocabulary and proficiency
- Learn how to debate in French
- Explore French culture
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: French 3, or an intermediate to advanced level of French
- French students who would like to improve their knowledge of French and Francophone cultures
- Students interested in expanding their French conversational, discussion, and debate skills
[I enjoyed] the interaction between students. Communication was very stimulating, and it was especially rewarding to hear the young students perspective. -- Sharron Kron
- Class ID: 6630
- Instructor: Ali Houssein
- When: 10 Thursdays | 4/5/18 - 6/7/18 | 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 20
- Where: Broadway Edison Building - Room 4175 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $209
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required or suggested materials for this class.