Are you interested in expanding your knowledge of Spanish into the realm of basic conversation?
Spanish Conversation for Beginners will give you the opportunity to learn vocabulary within a cultural context, as well as practice speaking with others who are at a similar level.
During this course, we'll cover the following:
- Learn new vocabulary and practice words you already know that are related to introductions, routines, dates, numbers and more
- Learn how to introduce yourself -- your name, where you're from, where you live and what you do
- Practice skills to enable you to have an informal conversation asking people how they are
- Learn to tell the date, the weather, days of the week, months and years
- Talk about your daily routines at home or at work -- including describing your job, your day, your hobbies and more
- Listen to songs and identify and practice new and old vocabulary
- Learn vocabulary to describe people and activities, and make and receive phone calls
- Learn how to utilize the Spanish vocabulary you may know into informal conversations
- Improve your Spanish vocabulary
- Practice and hone your pronunciation
- Gain confidence in speaking with others in a supportive environment
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: Some previous knowledge of Spanish in a beginner level
- Individuals with a beginner-level understanding of Spanish
- Anyone who wants to expand their conversational skills
Theresa is a gifted teacher. She was adept at tailoring the class to various language experience levels. The class was a lot of fun.
Teresa is just delightful and is a wonderful teacher.
I really enjoyed how approachable the instructor is, she could take on the most basic of questions and still feel like she was supporting your journey in the language. I say this because it's easy for an advanced person to come off condescending when responding to basic questions.
I loved how hands on she makes the material. Very engaging. -- Brittany Broyles
I enjoyed the opportunity to practice Spanish with other learners, and the frequent opportunities to practice speaking in class. I found instructions around conjugating verbs very helpful (I had tried learning Spanish via apps like duolingo, but they aren't set up well to teach grammar mechanics). -- Laura Horan
- Class ID: 6620
- Instructor: Teresa Ramon Joffre
- When: 11 Tuesdays | 4/3/18 - 6/12/18 | 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 16.5
- Where: Broadway Edison Building - Room 4148 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $189
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required or suggested materials for this class.