Are you interested in expanding your knowledge of Spanish into the realm of basic conversation?
Spanish Conversation for Beginners will give you the opportunity to learn vocabulary within a cultural context, as well as practice speaking with others who are at a similar level.
During this course, we'll cover the following:
- Learn new vocabulary and practice words you already know that are related to introductions, routines, dates, numbers and more
- Practice introducing yourself -- your name, where you're from, where you live and what you do
- Learn to tell the date, the weather, days of the week, months and years
- Practice skills to enable you to have an informal conversation asking people how they are
- Talk about your daily routines at home or at work -- including describing your job, your day, your hobbies and more
- Listen to songs and identify and practice new and old vocabulary
- Learn vocabulary to describe people and activities, and make and receive phone calls
- Learn how to utilize the Spanish vocabulary you may know into informal conversations
- Improve your Spanish vocabulary
- Practice and hone your pronunciation
- Gain confidence in speaking with others in a supportive environment
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: Some previous knowledge of Spanish in a beginner level
- Individuals with a beginner-level understanding of Spanish
- Anyone who wants to expand their conversational skills
Teresa is just delightful and is a wonderful teacher.
I really enjoyed how approachable the instructor is, she could take on the most basic of questions and still feel like she was supporting your journey in the language. I say this because it's easy for an advanced person to come off condescending when responding to basic questions.
I loved how hands on she makes the material. Very engaging. -- Brittany Broyles
I enjoyed the opportunity to practice Spanish with other learners, and the frequent opportunities to practice speaking in class. I found instructions around conjugating verbs very helpful (I had tried learning Spanish via apps like duolingo, but they aren't set up well to teach grammar mechanics). -- Laura Horan
The conversations with my classmates provided excellent practice and I appreciated the teacher stepping in to help when needed. --Autumn
She's a very welcoming teacher and made it safe to use our bad Spanish. --Suzanne
Profesora Teresa is such a wonderful teacher, very caring and clearly enjoys what she does. I loved the reading materials and homework, which has helped my knowledge of Spanish language improve. I liked that she had us interact with others, which was fun. --Mickey