Did you grow up in a home where Spanish was one of the languages spoken?
Would you like to expand your understanding of your heritage language?
This class is designed to help you refresh your Spanish language knowledge and enhance your conversation skills.
During this class, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Review the Spanish alphabet for sounds and pronunciation patterns
- Classify words according to their stress syllables and the rules of Spanish accentuation
- Improve and strengthen oral, reading, and writing skills
Enhancing your knowledge of Spanish will open up new career opportunities, as well as help you develop a deeper connection to your heritage.
Upon successful completion of this class, you will:
- Review the alphabet in Spanish and can recognize sounds and pronunciation patterns
- Learn to classify words according to their stressed syllables and the rules for Spanish accentuation
- Understand the difference between the definite and the indefinite articles and will analyze nouns according to its gender and number
- Strengthen their reading comprehension skill using stories, jokes and riddles
- Recognize regular -ar, er, and ir verbs, first as infinitive and then will practice conjugating verbs in the simple present tense
- Talk about past activities using the preterite tense
- Review irregular verbs in the simple present tense and the preterite tense
Who Should Take this Class?
- Students who were raised in a home where Spanish was spoken
- Those who merely understand Spanish and are a bit bilingual in English and Spanish
- Native Spanish speakers interested in refining their orthography, pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary skills
- Class ID: 6622
- Instructor: Teresa Ramon Joffre
- When: 9 Thursdays | 4/6/17 - 6/1/17 | 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 13.5
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 4144 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $179
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required materials for this class.