Establish a strong foundation in the Spanish language during this beginning course.
Conducted mainly in Spanish in order to maximize your contact with the language, we'll focus on the practice of language in the four basic areas: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
The goal is to provide you with the ability to acquire a natural way of communicating with native speakers, as well as to introduce you to the many facets of Spanish-speaking cultures.
Through lecture, video, small group and class discussions, visual aids, and situational approaches, we'll practice grammatical material that cover these four main areas.
Additional cultural readings and activities will be provided in the class, and we'll engage in debates, discussions, role-playing, and more so that you can track your progress.
At the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Talk about yourself and your environment: friends, relatives, classes, work and places to live and travel
- Ask simple questions and indicate personal preferences in your interaction with native speakers using the present tense
- Write post cards and letters telling what you do and expressing your feelings about your environment
- Read, understand and answer questions from narrations
- Define in general terms the countries of Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia, and Peru
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone with limited or no experience with Spanish who would like to learn more
- Those interested in beginning the journey to speaking Spanish more fluently
- Class ID: 6601
- Instructor: Violeta Quintana
- When: 8 Mondays | 1/8/18 - 3/12/18 | 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 12
- Where: Broadway Edison Building - Room 4148 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $185
- Additional Notes: No class on 1/15 & 2/19. Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required or suggested materials for this class.