Build upon your previous language skills and experience!
This class uses an experiential methodology, action, and humor to create a fun and low-stress learning environment.
Conducted entirely in Spanish, you'll engage in activities designed around poems, stories, interviews, role-plays, and games.
We'll review grammar and explore narrating the past, using object pronouns together, future and conditional tenses, the subjunctive mood -- both present and past -- and more.
You will be expected to read in Spanish outside of class and do some fun and creative homework.
By participating in this course, you will:
- Discuss assigned poems/stories in class and compose short original essays/poems using selected readings for inspiration
- Share your views on a variety of topics, including:
- Relationships and personal values
- Child rearing and social behavior
- Other current issues affecting modern society
- Use new grammar structures to practice persuading others by:
- Giving commands
- Offering advice
- Making suggestions
- Expressing opinions
- Hypothesize about the present and past, and learn to express hypothetical reactions
- Create and role play dialogs and action stories
Who Should Take this Class?
- Students who have very good comprehension (class is conducted solely in Spanish)
- Anyone who wants to review and build on conversational skills and grammar structures
- Class ID: 6619
- Instructor: Jessica Lisovsky
- When: 5 Wednesdays | 4/4/18 - 5/2/18 | 5:45 PM - 8:15 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 12.5
- Where: Broadway Edison Building - Room 4159 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $189
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required or suggested materials for this class.