Build upon your Spanish language skills and experience!
This class uses an experiential methodology, action, and humor to create a fun and low-stress learning environment.
Conducted entirely in Spanish, the class engages students in activities designed around poems, stories, interviews, role-plays, and games.
Review grammar and explore narrating the past, using multiple object pronouns together, future and conditional tenses, the subjunctive mood -- both present and past -- and more.
The focus and topics of this class will change each quarter, so you can continue to take this class throughout the year with new material, if you choose, to continue your Spanish education.
You will be expected to read in Spanish outside of class and do some fun and creative homework.
Prospective students are welcome to observe a class before deciding to join.
- Students will be able to share views on topics including:
- relationships and personal values
- child rearing and social behavior
- social issues and challenges affecting modern society
- the future, technology and personal goals
- Students will use new grammar structures to practice:
- giving commands
- offering advice
- making suggestions and persuading others
- expressing opinions using the Indicative and Subjunctive
- talking about the future
- Students will be able to hypothesize about:
- the present
- the past
- express hypothetical reactions using the Conditional
- Students will discuss assigned poems/stories in class and, as homework, compose short essays/poems—in writing--using readings as inspiration.
- Students will create and roleplay dialogs and action stories.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Students who have very good comprehension (class conducted solely in Spanish) and want to review and build on conversational skills and grammar structures.
- Prerequisites: Working knowledge of Present, Past, Informal Future required). Homework is assigned, some short essays/poems to be turned in. (Students are welcome to observe a class before deciding to join.)
- Class ID: 6619
- Instructor: Lisovsky, Jessica
- When: 5 Wednesdays; 1/16-2/13/19; 5:45-8:15 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 12.5
- Where: Broadway Edison Building | Room 4159 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $199
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required or suggested materials for this class.