This class is for those who want to start learning Spanish from the ver beginning, like a child acquiring language…naturally.
Or, if you have ever traveled to a Spanish-speaking country and realized your phrase book is not that helpful because you can’t understand the answers to your questions, then this is the method for you!
Or maybe you’re looking for a different approach — something besides memorizing verb conjugations.
This interactive, comprehension-based course uses the innovative methods of The Natural Approach and Total Physical Response (TPR).
You’ll learn vocabulary through action, games, commands and props — the same way we learned our first language — the natural way.
Learn while having fun!
- You’ll be able to understand and respond to basic Spanish vocabulary including:
- Classroom objects
- Public buildings/places
- Numbers 0 – 100
- Parts of the body
- Action words (verbs)
- Location words (prepositions)
- Create a Picture Dictionary with over 350 nouns, action words and useful expressions to have as a record of your work in the class
- You’ll be able to order a meal in Spanish at a restaurant after practicing skits
Who Should Take this Class?
- Students who are interested in learning Spanish using a natural method
- Anyone who wants to learn basic ‘survival’ Spanish
- Those who want to be able to understand and engage in simple interactions around food, directions and personal vocabulary
- Class ID: 6601
- Instructor: Jessica Lisovsky
- When: 5 Wednesdays | 4/5/17 - 5/3/17 | 5:50 PM - 8:20 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 12.5
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 4159 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $185
- Additional Notes: No textbook required; each student will create their own picture dictionary.