Learn about basic marine electric and investigate the fundamentals of AC and DC as it relates to recreational boats.
During this hands-on workshop, you’ll:
- Learn small boat wiring methods and practices
- Explore troubleshooting and electrical fault prevention
- Learn about basic DC theory, Series and Parallel circuits, and volt meter operation
- Get tips on best wiring practices, including wire and circuit protection
- Learn about circuit breaker and fuse applications
- Gain insight into battery selection, sizing, and battery chargers
- Learn about circuit identification, schematics, and troubleshooting
You’ll also receive a list of recommended books and reference materials to continue your learning after the class.
- Learn best practices for small boat wiring, battery selection, and more
- Gain insight and practice in troubleshooting and fault prevention
- Receive guidance on electrical theory
- Expand your overall knowledge of marine electrical
Who Should Take this Class?
- Recreational sail and power boaters interested in expanding their knowledge of marine electrical