There are essential knots that all recreational sail and power boaters should know.
Learn how to tie knots while sharing local Ballard beer -- either Pacific Maritime Brewing or Bad Jimmy's Intense Ales -- at the Seattle Maritime Academy.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Tie a variety of knots, including the bowline, clove hitch, round turn and two half hitches, stopper knots, reef knot, locking cleat hitch, cow hitch, and rolling hitch
- Recognize the appropriate knot to use in various situations
Light snacks and non-alcohol drinks will also be provided.
You will take home 2 different pieces of line to be able to practice your new found skills!
- Gain experience with tying a variety of different knots
- Know how to tie the right knot for the right purpose
- Have fun!
Who Should Take this Class?
- Recreational boaters interested in improving their knot tying skills in a fun atmosphere
All students must be 21 years or older, with a valid picture ID.
- Class ID: 5865
- Instructor: Erik Davis
- Fall 2017 Session: 1 Thursday | 12/14/17 | 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Winter 2018 Session: 1 Thursday | 3/15/18 | 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 2
- Where: Seattle Maritime Academy | 4455 Shilshole Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107
- Fee: $55
- Additional Notes: Students must be 21 or older; picture ID required.