Learn about basic marine electric and investigate the fundamentals of AC and DC as it relates to recreational boats.
During this hands-on workshop, you'll:
- Learn small boat wiring methods and practices
- Explore troubleshooting and electrical fault prevention
- Learn about basic DC theory, Series and Parallel circuits, and volt meter operation
- Get tips on best wiring practices, including wire and circuit protection
- Learn about circuit breaker and fuse applications
- Gain insight into battery selection, sizing, and battery chargers
- Learn about circuit identification, schematics, and troubleshooting
You'll also receive a list of recommended books and reference materials to continue your learning after the class.
- Learn best practices for small boat wiring, battery selection, and more
- Gain insight and practice in troubleshooting and fault prevention
- Receive guidance on electrical theory
- Expand your overall knowledge of marine electrical
Who Should Take this Class?
- Recreational sail and power boaters interested in expanding their knowledge of marine electrical
- Class ID: 5866
- Instructor: Al Bruce
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 12
- Where: Seattle Maritime Academy - Room 213 | 4455 Shilshole Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107
- Fee: $275